Do you have aches and pains preventing you from being active? So many of our patients say “I thought it was just old age!” not realising there was a treatment that could alleviate their symptoms.
Our Degree Qualified Myotherapists are highly trained in the assessment, treatment and management of all sorts of pains and conditions often experienced with ageing. Although Arthritis can’t be cured with treatment, the pain can be managed for example. Sometimes aches and pains occur from changing of activity levels, again we can help relieve the pain and offer advice on how to change habits or alter patterns of movement to stop the pain returning.
Here’s the method we follow.
Step 1. We assess the underlying cause of your injury, pain or condition. This assessment may involve neural testing, muscle testing and joint range of movement testing to name a few.
Step 2. We allow enough time to be able to treat and begin alleviating your symptoms in the first session.
Step 3. We help to identify triggers to stop the injury, pain or condition recurring. Identifying triggers is a little bit different than discovering the underlying cause.
Step 4. Next we take all the information gathered from the assessment, history taking, treatment results and trigger identification process to develop a few key exercises or goals to help you heal and rehabilitate to get you back to doing what you love faster.
Here’s the main treatment techniques we use
- Dry Needling to release active trigger points referring into your pain zone
- Active Cupping to release tight fascia that’s stopping the muscles from moving freely
- Joint Mobilisation to release locked up joints creating “danger signals” in your nervous system
- Manual trigger point release for those who prefer not to use dry needling
- Pain and Injury Massage to calm the nervous system by creating a release of endorphins and other feel good hormones to help relieve pain naturally
- Taping for support and patterning re education
- Neural stretches and nerve flossing
We can use one or several of these techniques. It’s all about coming up with a plan that’s going to work best for you however we will not use a treatment technique that you aren’t comfortable with.
Have a Question? Simply fill out the contact form below and one of our friendly Myotherapists will get in touch shortly. Alternatively feel free to call us on (03) 98883473.