Do you have a headache or migraine that just won’t budge?
You’ve come to the right place! We are experts in the treatment of headaches and migraines.
Here’s how we are going to help get rid of your pain.
Step 1. We assess the underlying cause of your headache or migraine. Sometimes you may already know the cause such as hormones. And yes; Myotherapy can even help hormonal headaches!
Step 2. We treat to get rid of any current symptoms. We can help whether you have symptoms on the day or not because we are all about short term relief and long term benefit.
Step 3. We help to identify triggers to stop them coming back time and time again. We will chat with you to make sure we identify potential triggers and figure out a plan of action to address them. Common causes are stress, hormones, diet and lack of exercise.
Step 4. We teach you exercises specific to combating the underlying cause of you headache or migraine. There are exercises that can relieve a headache or migraine before it takes hold, and exercises to work on the underlying causes such as posture.
Here’s the main treatment techniques we are going to use to get rid of your headache or migraine.
- Dry Needling to release active trigger points referring into your pain zone
- Active Cupping to release tight fascia that’s stopping the muscles from moving freely
- Joint Mobilisation to release locked up joints creating “danger signals” in your nervous system
- Manual trigger point release for those who prefer not to use dry needling
- Deep Massage techniques to calm the nervous system by creating a release of endorphins and other feel good hormones to help relieve pain naturally
We can use one or several of these techniques. It’s all about figuring out what works best for you however we will not use a treatment technique that you aren’t comfortable with.
What if I don’t have time to do my exercises?
Just like you, we run pretty tight schedules too. Between work, family commitments, social engagements and the mundane stuff like brushing our teeth, there is barely any time left in the day! That’s why we only give you exercises that are easy to fit into your routine and that are actually going to work. How do we know they are going to work? Because we test them while you are with us in the clinic to make sure. The last thing we want to do is get you doing an exercise that isn’t actually going to help. You’d be amazed how many times new patients have brought in their exercise regimes given by other health practitioners with 10 or more exercises which take them up to 30 minutes a day to get through. I don’t know about you, but to us, that’s unrealistic and frankly unnecessary!
I’ve already had my desk set up assessed, what more can you do identifying triggers?
Desk set up is absolutely important but it’s not the only thing that’s likely to effect you headache or migraine. I had a patient recently whose desk set up was fabulous! Turns out he also spent a lot of time at the printer and putting booklets together for clients, once we corrected his posture and gave him a simple exercise to do throughout his work day, his headache and neck pain completely went away! This is a common scenario.
We talk to you and get to know you and your lifestyle so we tend to pick up on contributing factors that other clinicians miss. Sometimes it’s the pillow, the couch, the laptop on the table at home or driving in the car but it’s worth getting our help to pinpoint which things to change as it would be quite expensive to go get a new pillow, new couch, new desk and a new car only to find out, you’re still getting pain! We won’t just randomly suggest things, we take into consideration the underlying cause, the patterns of your pain, you lifestyle, your posture and so forth to create a hypothesis on what’s most likely to be contributing to your headache or migraine.
This sounds amazing! But I’m guessing this is going to cost a bit and take lots of sessions?
- Expect results from the first session and to move into a maintenance program after between 3 and 6 sessions
- HICAPs on site means if you have Private Health Insurance Extras cover for Myotherapy or Remedial Massage you will only have to pay the gap.
- Our philosophy is to become your musculoskeletal health coaches, not your in pain clinicians – Unlike other health practitioners we don’t want you reliant on treatment to solve your problem, we want you empowered and helping yourself through our advice on exercises and modifications. This means better outcomes and you referring us all your friends and family too!
- Although all our therapists hold the highest degree qualifications and continue education each year, it is one of our values to keep our costs as low as possible. Therefore we have a system where you only pay for the time required to treat your condition, we don’t do extra fluff stuff. So, sorry if you’re after a nice relaxing foot soak, but that’s just not what we do!
So in short, no, it’s not going to cost you the earth to get rid of your headache or migraine and it’s not going to take all your time or all your will power!
I’ve tried it all before with little result. What will you do if I don’t get better?
We have great referrals in Mount Waverley and the surrounding suburbs should we require further intervention to diagnose your headache or migraine.
For example, one of my patients wasn’t getting better with his headache, it really perplexed me because he’d get relief from the session but a few days later he’d wake up with pain again. I sent him to the GP to get some tests done. Turns out he had the gene for multiple chemical sensitivity and his wife was using a fabric softener for the sheets that had a fragrance so each time the sheets were fresh he’d get a headache! Such a simple fix in the end!
Have a question? Fill out the contact form below and one of our friendly Myotherapists will call you shortly. Alternatively call (03) 9888 3473.