Do you need treatment for a headache or migraine?
You’ve come to the right place! We are experts in the treatment of headaches and migraines. Clinical Myotherapy is a degree qualification specialising in the assessment, treatment and management of pain or injury of the musculoskeletal system. We also have a great community referral network if we need further investigation into the cause of your condition.
Here’s how we treat headaches and migraines.
Step 1. We assess the underlying cause of your headache or migraine. Sometimes you may already know the cause such as hormones. And yes; Myotherapy can even help hormonal headaches!
Step 2. We treat to get rid of any current symptoms. We can help whether you have symptoms on the day or not because we are all about short term relief and long term benefit.
Step 3. We help to identify triggers to stop them coming back time and time again. We will chat with you to make sure we identify potential triggers and figure out a plan of action to address them. Common causes are stress, hormones, diet and lack of exercise.
Step 4. We teach you exercises specific to combating the underlying cause of you headache or migraine. There are exercises that can relieve a headache or migraine before it takes hold, and exercises to work on the underlying causes such as posture.
- Dry Needling to release active trigger points referring into your pain zone
- Active Cupping to release tight fascia that’s stopping the muscles from moving freely
- Joint Mobilisation to release locked up joints creating “danger signals” in your nervous system
- Manual trigger point release for those who prefer not to use dry needling
- Deep Massage techniques to calm the nervous system by creating a release of endorphins and other feel good hormones to help relieve pain naturally
We can use one or several of these techniques. It’s all about figuring out what works best for you however we will not use a treatment technique that you aren’t comfortable with.
HAVE A QUESTION? BOOK A COMPLIMENTARY CHAT WITH ONE OF OUR FRIENDLY MYOTHERAPISTS
Simply fill in the form below and we will contact you shortly, please let us know if there is a best contact method or day and time you would like us to call