You’ve come to the right place! We are experts when it comes to the treatment of neck pain! If you’re in a bad way and can hardly move your head you will be surprised how quickly you improve but we also enjoy treating customers with aching necks and tight necks too.
Here’s how we are going to help get rid of your neck pain.
Step 1. We assess the underlying cause of your neck pain. One of the most common causes of neck pain is disc irritation due to looking at computer screens and looking down at ipads and iphones all day. Whether your problem is disc, muscle or nerve we can assess the cause to make sure we give you the right treatment.
Step 2. We treat to get rid of any current symptoms. Many of our patients have what’s called a ‘wry neck’ where they can hardly move! We defiantly want that relieved for you, but even if you are feeling a bit stiff, tight or ache we can help alleviate your symptoms in the first session.
Step 3. We help to identify triggers to stop the back pain coming back time and time again. Once we have your current episode under control, we want to work with you to make sure they don’t come back time and time again.
Step 4. We teach you exercises specific to combating the underlying cause of your neck pain. Don’t worry they will be nice and simple (-:
Here’s the main treatment techniques we are going to use to get rid of your neck pain.
- Dry Needling to release active trigger points referring into your pain zone
- Active Cupping to release tight fascia that’s stopping the muscles from moving freely
- Joint Mobilisation to release locked up joints creating “danger signals” in your nervous system
- Manual trigger point release for those who prefer not to use dry needling
- Deep Massage techniques to calm the nervous system by creating a release of endorphins and other feel good hormones to help relieve pain naturally
- One of our practitioners is also trained in using Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy® also known as The McKenzie Method® for neck pain. This is a proven technique that gives amazing results even in cases where patients can hardly move! Dwan Rosairo is trained in this technique for neck pain.
We can use one or several of these techniques. It’s all about coming up with a plan that’s going to work best for you however we will not use a treatment technique that you aren’t comfortable with.
What if I don’t have time to do my exercises?
Just like you, we run pretty tight schedules too. Between work, family commitments, social engagements and the mundane stuff like brushing our teeth, there is barely any time left in the day! That’s why we only give you exercises that are easy to fit into your routine and that are actually going to work. How do we know they are going to work? Because we test them while you are with us in the clinic to make sure. The last thing we want to do is get you doing an exercise that isn’t actually going to help. You’d be amazed how many times new patients have brought in their exercise regimes given by other health practitioners with 10 or more exercises which take them up to 30 minutes a day to get through. I don’t know about you, but to us, that’s unrealistic and frankly unnecessary!
I’ve already had my work space assessed, what more can you do to identify triggers?
The correct work space set up is absolutely important but it’s not the only thing that’s likely to effect you neck pain. I had a patient recently who secretly played a lot of PS4 video games. His family taunted him about his hobby and he didn’t think it was important but somehow we got onto the topic of conversation. Once we fixed his gaming posture and gave him a simple exercise to do his pain went and his range of movement returned to full! This is a common scenario.
We talk to you and get to know you and your lifestyle so we tend to pick up on contributing factors that other clinicians miss. Sometimes it’s the pillow, the couch, the laptop on the table at home or driving in the car but it’s worth getting our help to pinpoint which things to change as it would be quite expensive to go get a new pillow, new couch, new desk and a new car only to find out, you’re still getting pain! We won’t just randomly suggest things, we take into consideration the underlying cause, the patterns of your pain, you lifestyle, your posture and so forth to create a hypothesis on what’s most likely to be contributing to your neck pain.
This sounds amazing! But I’m guessing this is going to cost a bit and take lots of sessions?
- Expect results from the first session and to move into a maintenance program after between 3 and 6 sessions.
- HICAPs on site means if you have Private Health Insurance Extras cover for Myotherapy or Remedial Massage you will only have to pay the gap.
- Our philosophy is to become your musculoskeletal health coach, not your in pain clinician – Unlike other health practitioners we don’t want you reliant on treatment to solve your problem, we want you empowered and helping yourself through our advice on exercises and modifications. This means better outcomes and you referring us to all your friends and family too!
- Although all our therapists hold the highest degree qualifications and continue education each year, it is one of our values to keep our costs as low as possible. Therefore we have a system where you only pay for the time required to treat your condition, we don’t do extra fluff stuff. So, sorry if you’re after a nice relaxing foot soak, but that’s just not what we do!
So in short, no, it’s not going to cost you the earth to get rid of your back pain and it’s not going to take all your time or all your will power!
I’ve tried it all before with little result. What will you do if I don’t get better?
We have great referrals in Mount Waverley and the surrounding suburbs should we require further intervention to diagnose your neck pain.
For example, one of my patients was getting recurring neck pain. He would feel really good after a treatment but then it would come back after about 1-2 weeks no matter what we tried! Finally I was convinced there was something more going on and sent him to the GP to get some blood tests. The GP picked up some elevated inflammation markers and sent him to see a specialist. Turned out he had the beginnings of rheumatoid arthritis. Some nutritional changes, low dose specific medication and ongoing treatment got his pain under control. He still comes to see me for maintenance but only needs to come once a month and is looking towards coming off the medication down the track.
I must add, this is a very rare circumstance and very unlikely to be the cause of your pain, however, it demonstrates we are able to accept when something isn’t adding up and refer you on.
Have a question? Fill out our contact form below and one of our friendly Myotherapists will be in touch shortly. Alternatively call (03) 9888 3473.